Deakin Sanctuary Scholarships
Deakin is committed to providing access to higher education for students seeking asylum or from refugee backgrounds residing in Australia to help with the cost of university study.
The Sanctuary Scholarships offer 100% payment of your tuition fees, plus an additional $6,000 stipend for living and study expenses. The Scholarship program is open to students considering undergraduate or postgraduate study. Further support includes:
- English language course through Deakin University English Language Institute (granted on a needs basis)
- A transition program for new students prior to Orientation Week
- Case management with supported referrals to relevant staff or services
- Academic mentorship
- Professional development opportunities and the possibility of casual paid work at Deakin University.
Deakin Sanctuary Scholarship information and applications
Deakin Sanctuary Scholarships exist thanks to the generosity of our philanthropic community. If you’re interested in helping more people from a refugee background access life-changing education, please get in touch with us directly, or make a donation online.
Deakin CREATE PhD Scholarship (Higher Degrees by Research)
This PhD scholarship provides an exciting opportunity to undertake cutting-edge research as part of the award-winning Deakin Centre for Refugee Employment, Advocacy, Training and Education (CREATE).
Applications are welcomed that focus on the following topics:
- Labour market and employment policies and practices that support people from refugee backgrounds
- Workplace inclusion policies and practices that support people from refugee backgrounds
- Careers guidance and pathways to employment for people from a refugee background
- Job quality and career progression of people from a refugee background.
Download the Deakin CREATE PhD Scholarship brochure (PDF)