Careers Clinics for People from a Refugee Background
Deakin CREATE is running as series of free career clinics for people from refugee and asylum-seeking backgrounds to assist in the re-establishment of their careers in Australia. These seven-week clinics are run on a mentee/mentor model, and as such, each participant will be assigned a mentor (a person with experience in the Australian employment landscape) to guide them through the program.
- Download the Deakin CREATE Career Clinic Flyer1
Who is eligible to attend?
- Anyone who has arrived in Australia as a refugee or seeking asylum.
- We have no restrictions on visa types, country of origin, or mode of arrival to get to Australia.
- However, we do request mentees are ready to enter the workforce, have a good level of English, have post-secondary qualifications, and possibly some relevant work experience.
How to participate in a Careers Clinic
If you would like to participate in the clinic as either a mentor or mentee, please see the appropriate links below.
MENTEES (person from a refugee or asylum-seeking backgrounds):
MENTORS (person with experience in the Australian employment landscape):
There is no charge to attend the clinics. However, please ensure you have access to the appropriate technology to participate (e.g., internet connection, computer, or smartphone).
Deakin CREATE / NCI CAREER CLINICS 2022/2023 For Women From a Migrant & Refugee Background
Deakin CREATE offers Career Guidance and Support Clinics For women from a migrant or refugee background. Our clinics are running in Queensland, NSW, ACT, South Australia, West Australia, Tasmania, North Territory & Victoria. We assist migrant, refugee, and asylum seeker women to develop networks and learn how to find meaningful employment in Australia. We recognize that while you may be highly qualified, keen to build up your career, that your qualifications and experiences may not be readily recognized in Australia. We try to bridge that gap and provide you with a highly experienced network through our Mentor-Mentee Program.
How to participate as a MENTOR & MENTEE in the NCI 2022-2023 Women Careers Clinic Program?
- Download the NCI-Careers-clinics-Info–links-toMentorMentee-EOIs